Anonymous said: what do you think of the theory that evelyn is the killer of the season? killing psychopaths and digging out the part of the brain that controls empathy because she's a psychiatrist but feels she hasn't done enough to stop them/wrote some kind of educational book on empathy that inadvertently helped them prosper.
interesting theory! haven’t heard it before. but idk that the victims in the brain surgeon murders are psychopaths. for me personally though i just hope she is what she appears to be, a really great neuropsychiatrist that develops an important relationship with dexter!! i don’t want her to be a killer!
Dexter || Season 8 Trailer (x)
↳ You made me compromise everything about myself that I care about and I hate you for it. I shot the wrong person in that trailer.
Anonymous said: honestly i kinda feel like deb is overreacting to all of this. like i know its a big deal and everything, but she's supposed to be this mature, composed adult, shouldnt she be able to handle it better? obviously regret and guilt would effect her for a while, but it seems like she goes off the deep end pretty quickly.. idk just some thoughts! love the blog!
what do you mean she’s supposed to be mature and composed? i don’t think deb has ever been mature and composed but i think thats the beauty of her. she’s constantly maturing (though at this moment she kinda hit a wall and regressed but i don’t blame her for it. she’ll come out on top, i know she will). and she has never been composed. someone once described watching deb as watching a ton of really, really big fireworks go off. she’s like an explosion. and those fireworks can be breathtakingly beautiful, powerful. but knock them over, cause them to malfunction, it’s a bomb, full of destruction. and that’s deb. (and you know, she was composed, for a while. she held it together through a lot of season 7. but killing someone herself? that was the line. she crossed the line.)
and i’m not going to say she should be able to handle it better because if i happened to be in a position where my foster brother was everything to me, literally everything, and i loved him more than anything… if i happened to find out he was a serial killer, if i happened to find out that my best friend and my idol for my entire life was the one thing that i hated… if i ended up murdering someone myself, because of my love for that person, shattering EVERYTHING i believed to be true about myself, shattering the ONE scrap that i had left (well i’m accepting a murderer, but at least i don’t murder)… how the hell would i handle that!? i would have lost it somewhere in the middle of season 7, in trying to cope with the one person i loved more than anything being the one thing that i couldn’t stand. she managed for far longer than i ever could have so no way would i ever say “she could handle this better.”
and i don’t think its as quickly as it seems. 6 months has passed since laguerta’s death. footage is presumably from eps 1-4, which probably cover a month or 2. presumably it’s been 8 months, nearly a year, before she’s at this point.
one last point - deb does everything in extremes. she loves in extremes, she hates in extremes, she speaks in extremes… so when she falls down, she falls in extremes, which is why the outfits, the drinking, the drugs, the DUIs, none of it seems out of character for me. but it DOES break my heart.
just my two cents!!!! (more like two dollars, i wrote a lot lol oops)
(also thank you! thanks for following ^__^)
Gillian Jacobs photographed by Richard Knapp
Anonymous said: speaking of kids, when do you think you'll be having them??? :x
lol what an interesting question! hahaha um.. i would like to be done with medical school. and even then, probably not till residency is over, and the time for that varies. and, that’s assuming i even find a guy that i would like to spend the rest of my life with. honestly, it won’t happen before 28, and it’ll probably end up being around 30/early thirties anyways.
Anonymous said: thoughts on the new dexter trailer???! i love that they used gods gonna cut you down in it, so fitting
me too!!! and i thought it was brilliant, of course.
- first of all????? NEW HARRISON IS SO CUTE I CANNOT STAND IT and oh my god i’m so excited for him to talk now sldlskdf
- deb is taking this so much worse than i thought she would. it almost looks like she’s in vice again, but she’s having sex with this horrible rando, she’s drinking way too much, taking tons of meds, and snorting coke!?!?!?!? everything hurts right now. everything. esp knowing that dexter isn’t shying away from what he’s done to her. everything they’ve shown us is implying that he’s very quickly edging towards taking responsibility for her losing herself and i just.. ow. everything.
- seriously tho its gonna be so uncomfortable to watch her like this. i could barely watch the 2 second clip of her with that guy. it feels so horrible, so wrong, so heart breaking, it’s not deb and i don’t know where she went and if dexter doesn’t find her and bring her back to the surface i will throttle him
- brain surgeon murders!!!!!! i’m super excited about this. a good, classic case that doesn’t feel like they’re trying to go over the top (like with the DDK tbh…)
- i find it also important to note that dexter says “crime scenes are the only place left where i can control the chaos.” generally he saves that kind of language for talking about killing. killing is what makes him feel in control - or it used to. but now apparently his job is the only place he feels like he has control? to me this heavily implies that he feels completely out of control in his family life and in his life as a serial killer. and… an out of control serial killer? oh boy..
- eVELYN VOGEL!!!!! my friend made a comment to me earlier, she is reminiscent of lundy in that she’s older, she has some very serious insights into killers and psychopaths (even tho i believe dexter no longer fits the bill), she’s no nonsense and honestly it seems like she sees right through bullshit. she already seems like such a badass woman, i can’t wait. and lmao i laughed so hard when she’s like “tell me about the bay harbor butcher” to dexter. i mean alkshdfl GOD.
- ok back to deb SHE GOT A DUI like this literally keeps getting worse and worse and worse wow i’m going to die.
- and then dexter is frantically like “LOOK at yourself! you are lost!” and he’s right! she is! and it’s only half her fault! it’s half his. and the look on his face absolutely slaughters me, he rarely shows that much raw emotion, he never shows that kind of desperation, and i just.. >_<
- then biney and doakes showed up and i fuckin screamed
- someone has a gun pointed at deb and i want to stab myself
- speaking of stabbing dexter is stabbing someone in her house? jesus christ.
- OKAY WHEN DEXTER STARTED FRANTICALLY SHOUTING HARRISON I ALMOST SCREAMED i swear to god if anybody touches that boy i will kill them (and i’m sure he will too). what happened to him and what did dexter do to have this happen now :( there’s not even any “villain” this season that i can point to like THERE they did it. everything’s shrouded in mystery and i like it but it’s also freaking me out!!
- speaking of dexter shouting? it unsettling. dexter always speaks very evenly, very deeply, he so rarely shouts, let alone in a tone of panic… and he shouts multiple times in the trailer. AND THIS IS FROM TEH FIRST 4 EPISODES ugh jesus
- i interrupt this freak out to say
- your physique makes me want to drown myself
- dexter in the killsuit carrying a girl covered in blood passed out? what the fuck is happening!!!
- um deb definitely just shot someone and oNCE AGAIN THEY SHOW US DEB GETTING EVEN WORSE hahaha pain haha
- THE CAR CRASH IN EPISODE FOUR!!! god damn it i can’t wait.
- i just got teary eyed bc of how attracted i am to this
- and then deb at the end walks into the station and tells quinn “i wanna make an official statement”
- they set it up to be like she is turning herself in for murder of laguerta or but we know trailers are manipulative so i don’t think so!!! i think it has to be something else. something that won’t land her behind bars for 3/4 of a season………
- this season looks so fucking brilliant i could cry.
At one point, I said, “What if I got Dexter on his table and put the knife across his lips, and then go, ‘You’re too pretty to kill’?” And then, you could just see me leave on my G4 and not know where he’s going. But, it was a beautiful ending. Working with Michael [C. Hall] was just brilliant. He’s the real deal.
Anonymous said: new harrison looks like he could be your son! or lil brother. idk it makes sense though since you look a lot like Rita. just a random observation :p
i can only hope that one day my son will look like that child because jadon is literally SO CUTE I CANNOT STAND IT!!! and his name will be michael
Awesome Female Challenge » Favorite lead female character + A female character you relate to
I know stealing a foot is weird. But, hello, living in a house where a foot is available to be stolen is weird.